You will need a client on smeMetrics before you can create an appointment, generate an invoice or allocate a payment.
This is simply done by clicking on the Contacts tab on the menu and then the New button.
You will then enter the basic information for the client and click Save.
Thereafter, you select the client and click on the Open button. You can enter further information for the client as follows:
- ID number (very important for medical aid claims) – under User Info
- Date of birth (very important for medical aid claims) – under User Info
- Send reminders to clients informing them of their appointments – under Notifications
- Dunning (or follow-up on overdue invoices) – under Notifications
- Debt-Recovery – under Notifications
- Email address – under Notifications
- Mobile number – under Notifications
- Responsible person – under Resp. Person
- Address info – under Address Info
- Postal info – under Postal Info
- Medical aid info – under Medical Aid. If you want to submit to medical aid, enable the Submit to Medical Aid option.
- Referring doctor info – under Medical Aid.
- Next of kin info – under Medical Aid.
Note the following:
- The dunning and debt-recovery features can only be enabled for a client, if it has been enabled in the Settings for the account.
- If the details for the responsible person are filled in for the client, the invoice will be generated in the name of this person and the invoice will be emailed to them. If you want to send the invoice to the details of the client, don’t enter any information in this section. This is typically used if you’re invoicing to the parent (for a children that’s seeing you) or to a company.
- You must enter an ICD 10 code for each client, or else an invoice cannot be generated for the client.
For more information, refer to Section 3.2 of the smeMetrics User Manual.
If you need us to import your existing client information into smeMetrics, email us a spreadsheet of the client information to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re using a system currently (like Pastel), there is an export function to get this spreadsheet. We normally take up to 2 working days to get this information imported into your smeMetrics account.
To view a list of our videos (and subscribe to our YouTube channel), you can go to : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnvarfSJlHWd5PqvX3gkfSA